A video detailing the formation of the Saskatchewan Industrial and Mining Suppliers Association (SIMSA) premiered at the SIMSA’s 10th Anniversary on March 30th, with over 300 people in attendance. The title – “The Original Eight” – reflects that there were 8-persons who founded SIMSA.
The 15-minute video created by Saskatoon’s Honey Cut Studios – can be seen here – https://youtu.be/kLGoyoBFVKA. It details how and more importantly why SIMSA was created, and became well-staged to grow to over 300 members today.
The video is a compilation of interviews with SIMSA’s 8 founders:
- Bruce Lyle – GMR Electric Motors Ltd.
- Dwaine Friesen – AJ Machine
- Dwayne Howatt – Continental Mine and Industrial Supply (CMI)
- Francis Nagy – Deca Industries
- Jim Nowakowski – JNE Welding
- Ken Cenaiko – Croatia Industries
- Jim Thompson – Brandt Industries
- Tom Foster – Industrial Machine and Manufacturing (IMM)