SIMSA’s Industrial Concierge Service provides personalized advice to SIMSA members, to support; digital innovation, carbon reduction, and ESG initiatives in the supply chain. James Bulmer is SIMSA’s Industrial Concierge.
The Concierge assists SIMSA members in meeting the IMII’s minerals member company needs on:
- Digital transformation
- Carbon accounting, reporting, and reduction
The Concierge service also acts as a connector between SIMSA members and;
- resource producers – relaying industries’ needs as well as SIMSA members’ abilities to fulfill them (especially in the area of digital innovation)
- solutions providers – sourcing leads to 3rdparty solutions for SIMSA members to address industries’ current and future needs (especially in the area of carbon reduction)
- funding agencies – sourcing leads to funding agencies to assist in these efforts.
This service will be completed in concert with the International Minerals Innovation Institute (IMII) and PrairiesCAN.
The Economics of Carbon
Currently, the carbon tax sits at $52.5/ton CO2 as of 2022, slated to become $178.5/ton CO2 in 2030 (GST inclusive). This means that the carbon tax in real dollars will be:
- Power: in 2022 it is $0.006713/kWh; in 2030 it will be $0.0228/kWh (assuming the electricity mix stays the same).
- Natural Gas: in 2022 it is $0.103 per cubic metre; in 2030 it will be $0.349 per cubic meter
- Gasoline: in 2022 it is 11.25 cents/litre; in 2030 it will be 39 cents/litre
- Diesel: in 2022 it is 13.75 cents/litre; in 2030 it will be 48 cents/litre
One way to understand your total carbon tax obligations is to use our Carbon Calculator and assign pricing based upon the year as follows:
|Year||Tax + GST ($/CO2 Ton)|