- This event has passed.
WCB 101: The Employer’s Perspective
October 18 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Back by popular demand!
Buy tickets here
This two hour program outlines from the employer’s perspective:
- the employers’ role – what they can ask, what they can’t ask, what their options are when injury does occur (such as which doctor to take someone too)
- how to train and on-board staff to mitigate claims
- what the supervisor should do when an injury occurs, how to train the supervisors, what to have in their policies
- information on how to mitigate work related injuries
- how to deal with work related injuries
In short, how to maintain employee safety and your ISNet safety rating.
Topics to also include some perspective on WCB policies of Saskatchewan vs. other provinces and what we could ask for in Saskatchewan to put us on equal footings with other provinces.
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am = Registration and hot breakfast
- 9:00 am = Presentation
- 11:00 am = Close
The presentation will be done by Laura Pittman, Director of Operations West, of Wellpoint Health Ltd. With over 16 years of industry experience, specialize in areas such as Emergency care, Public Health, business and Occupational Health. Since 2012, Laura has focused her energy in the private sector within oil and gas, manufacturing and the construction industry within the scope of Occupational Health and Disability Management.
Some of Laura’s career highlights include development of internal Short-term Disability Programs, management of Long-term Disability programs with insurance providers such as Sunlife, Great West Life and Manual life to name a few. Laura’s creation and implementation of an integrated Disability Management Program Guidebook has proven success in drastic reduction of workplace injuries, increased safety management systems, and significant return on investment for employers in excess of 1 million dollars
Wellpoint is one of Canada’s most trusted occupational health and safety companies. They provide quality service consistently across the country. Wellpoint Health offers a unique range of services that focuses on keeping your workforce healthy, productive and safe.