« All Events
SIMSA FHQ Nutrien Business Forum
June 7 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
An opportunity for SIMSA members and FHQ persons to discuss business with each other, as well as Nutrien procurement persons.
This event is open to SIMSA members, Nutrien employees, and FHQ affiliates only!
Buy tickets HERE
This event brings together three key players for a spectacular business event towards “feeding the future” – The Saskatchewan Industrial and Mining Suppliers Association (SIMSA), The File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council (FHQ), and Nutrien.
To enable effective networking, all FHQ member Nations will have pre-answered a 1-page summary sheet, which will then be submitted to all event registrants before the event. At the event, the above FHQ persons and their Chiefs will be quickly identified in the first session and their display/trade show booth in the back of the room will be noted; this is followed by a networking session. As such, SIMSA members and Nutrien persons will know “which First Nation is looking for what kind of business” and be able to meet them right away.
This event will be very similar to the PotashCorp STC SIMSA Round Table we held in December – except with 11 First Nations in FHQ (vs 7 in STC) we will have Thomas Benjoe do all of the presentations about their member Nations. At this event, you will here which member First Nations have which business opportunities – and be able to visit with them. You will also hear our pre-submitted questions answered by Nutrien’s senior management and be able to network with Nutrien staff (like the other Round Table events).
Attending from Nutrien will be Executives, procurement staff and others from Nutrien.
Note, the Nutrien staff, EDOs, and Chiefs will be assigned individual seats and individual tables around the room – SIMSA members will be able to choose their table upon arrival on a first come first serve basis.
- 8:00 am – Registration and breakfast
- 9:00 am – Opening remarks
- Welcome by FHQ Tribal Chief
- Welcome by SIMSA’s Executive Director Eric Anderson
- Update on Nutrien’s Playbook by Leanne Bellegarde
- Brief introduction of FHQ participants by Thomas Benjoe
- 10:00 am – Networking and FHQ Displays
- 11:00 am – Review of 11 FHQ First Nations’ accomplishments, desires, abilities, and introductions (all presented by Thomas Benjoe)
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:30 pm – Nutrien Presentation and SIMSA/FHQ pre-submitted questions answered by Nutrien
- 2:00 pm – Networking with Nutrien and FHQ Displays
- 4:00 pm – Close
FHQ is the File Hills Qu’Appelle Tribal Council. FHQ is the political and service organization delivering programs and services to the following 11 First Nations in the Treaty Four Territory.
Buy tickets HERE