- This event has passed.
SIMSA 2018 AGM
May 16, 2018 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Buy tickets HERE
NOTE: an EMAIL-IN ballot is to be used by SIMSA Regular Member companies only. All members (Regular and Associate) received the ballot on April 16 by email, but only Regular members have voting privileges.
The SIMSA 2018 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled for May 16th, in Saskatoon, SK, at the Ramada Hotel in the Diefenbaker Room, 801 Idylwyld Drive North. Registration will begin at 11:30 am, lunch at noon, AGM at 12:30 pm, and the roll-out of the new Saskatchewan Supplier Database will follow! Also, we will make the draw from those in attendance only, to see who goes on the Rocanville potash mine on June 6th!
Also, SIMSA will provide details on its next key initiative stemming from our strong and growing relationship with the major resource sector companies. Our “round table” events provided unprecedented access to their procurement and other staff. With their further physical cooperation and financial support, plus funding from the Government of Saskatchewan, we have begun creating a Saskatchewan Supplier Database.
In addition to the above items, there will be approvals of audited financials and other related for the calendar year 2017.
The ballot, sent to members by email on April 16, has two (2) key items:
- Four (4) Board seats are up for election with thirteen (13) persons being nominated
- SIMSA’s Board has approved a significant rewriting of our Bylaws – these require approval at the AGM. These revisions were done in concert with legal firm of Miller Thomson and now reflect current law, SIMSA’s growing needs, and existing SIMSA policy. The revisions do not see a change in how SIMSA operates nor its vision, they only tightly affirm it. For comparison purposes, the original and revised versions are can be seen HERE (previous) and HERE (revised).
- Only one (1) ballot per SIMSA Regular member company is allowed (a few member companies have several names on our email list). Ballots were sent by email to members on April 16.
- Email the completed ballot (previously submitted to members via email) – even if you are attending in person – to Eric Anderson, Executive Director of SIMSA at firstname.lastname@example.org before 9:00 am on May 15th.
- We can also accept/hand-out some ballots at the door and add these results to those submitted online if necessary. At the appropriate time in the AGM we can therefore simply announce the winners and Bylaw outcome, and not spend a long time voting and counting ballots. We will keep a list of voting companies at our office, and bring it to the AGM, to make sure each company only votes once.